Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of SHOCK Penguins on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of SHOCK Penguins on your social bookmarking website

Origins of SHOCK Penguins

Go down

Origins of SHOCK Penguins

Post by The Swedish Chef on Sat May 02, 2009 6:40 pm

The Penguin Free States

The Penguin Free States otherwise known as TPFS, was an AstroEmpires guild that was founded in the latter
months of 2006, disbanded in November of 2008, and re-formed in January, 2009. It is in the alpha server
and was ranked in the top 20 guilds.

Early years

The original GM of TPFS was Evil penguin, his brother (Fish Heads Surprised) was one of the first members.

The Penguin Free States' founder, Evil Penguin, first joined Alpha Team and became a real power against the
Imperium (at one point his fleet was 11% of the Imperium's entire fleet). When the first Imperium war ended, the Imperium declined to offer Alpha Team terms and we fought on alone. He tried to negotiate, but after two weeks of near constant fighting and being on-line, he cut his own deal with the Imperium with Alpha's approval (He had reached his physical limit). Alpha Team finally cut a deal a week or two latter on worse terms then EvilPenguin had gotten Vladimir to offer Alpha before he quit.

For reasons of remaining loyalty to Alpha, he started his own guild, The Penguin Free States which Vladimir
(the original head of the Imperium and with whom Evil Penguin had a very good working relationship) saw fit to protect. TPFS was more or less started as a means for him to affiliate with the Imperium without joining, which he thought would have been a slap in the face of Alpha, who were crazy, but decent blokes. For some reason that he has never really understood, unless it the Imperial protection, I started getting requests from players to join TPFS.

In its early days, TPFS was always a client/proxy of the Imperium. Once Fish Heads joined the game, TPFS started gaining real strength. In the Second Imperium War against Corm and the Dark Templars, TPFS stood with the Imperium and gained a reputation as a spunky guild that would fight big battles. When the war ended, TPFS attracted a lot of new members from both the Imperium and Corm/DT.

Haradrim

After a crisis in leadership, TPFS was re-formed under Cox of Mordor to become Haradrim, as the former guildmaster, HopAlong23, attempted to move the membership.

TPFS Fall of 08'

TPFS was in a crisis over a leadership coup in mid October 2008. The leader, Hopalong23, left TPFS leaving a
letter on the forum that to the less intelligent leaders gave off the impression that he was not coming back,
though HopAlong did tell them via Tarsier, that he was in fact watching them. Cox heard about this from a TPFS friend and decided to hop over. There he found a guild in complete chaos, though in many respects there was simply much more freedom. Though it seemed chaotic, many still called it home. Hours after joining, Cox was joined by other members, Arse and Ren Nazgul, who helped to control members. After the upheval of Guildmaster/Founder Hopalong23, High Council member Mrg666 was left with the GM powers. Cox and Ren failed at figuring out what happened to Hopalong23 and tried to contact him. Hopalong23 stated to not only Cox on the program MSN/IRC, but other Mordor family leaders that TPFS was not mature enough and he was judging them. In example, many new members of TPFS tried to use the Mordor protectorate status as a trump to gain military leverage and influence. The way in which he was judging them was questionable. Hopalong moved over to the newer guild UCorp over the crisis and his RL friend, A Huge Tarsier, was still in TPFS with all permissions. He decided to judge the membership and high council members to pick out people to remove by contacting A Huge Tarsier. When this was found out and many players objected, Hopalong via Tarsier attempted to kick out as many players as he could.

There is an skewed perception of what happened at the time, and it is as follows.

"At the same time Paestero asked Mrg666 to hand the GM to Ren Nazgul so order could be restored. Ren Nazgul became the new Guildmaster and removed A Huge Tarsier from the guild. This effectively removed Hopalong from the guild. Ren Nazgul because the leader of TPFS and started to restructure the guild with the help of Cox."

Though that is true, that is not all of the truth. Mordor leadership, under the impression that HopAlong23 was
not coming back, told Mrg666 that if GM was not handed over to Mordor administration, they would relinquish
their protectorate status. In the interest of the security of the huddle, Mrg666 reluctantly complied.

Cox took over much of the day to day planning of the guild and intergrated many TPFS members into leadership roles. The guild name was changed to Haradrim Warriors by Ren. Soon after the name was modified to Haradrim by Cox and since then Cox has been running a stable new family member of Mordor.

What happened in the crisis and the change of guildmaster left a bad taste in many TPFS members mouths. Mordor administration endeavored to KOS HopAlong23, but in the end Hop sought peaceful solutions. Some left TPFS before others could explain what happened fully. To this day many have other pro-hopalong/anti-mordor versions of this story. To this day the facts of this story have been proven by many of the high council of TPFS who reside within Haradrim, Mordor, and within the new TPFS.

New TPFS

In January of 2009, LukePink and The Swedish Chef (both former High Council Members in the old TPFS) re-formed TPFS as a new guild on Alpha. It is unaffiliated with any power block on Alpha, and is growing at a reasonable pace. Membership consisted of a few experienced members, and quite a lot of new players.

During an unfortunte incident in February of 2009 involving -Min- nearly farming TPFS out of existance, LukePink left the guild, and joined UCorp with many other former TPFS members.

SHOCK Penguins

In April of 2009, SHOCK and TPFS decided to merge together into a "war guild". There was a lot of drama around this decision, but in the end, the SHOCK Penguins were formed with Xultar (of SHOCK) as GM and The Swedish Chef (of TPFS) as Vice-GM. Once formed we imediately declared on [JEDI~] due to an MDP which was between [-SF-] and [SHOCK]. At least 6 other guilds have particpated in this conflict to some degree (to date)
The Swedish Chef
Admin

http://shock-tpfs.goodbb.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Origins of SHOCK Penguins

Post by Jmanpxl on Sun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm

why is there nothing about SHOCK?

Jmanpxl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Swedish Chef on Sun May 03, 2009 6:19 pm

I don't know the history of SHOCK... if you do, please let me know, and I will add it. Smile
The Swedish Chef
Admin

http://shock-tpfs.goodbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sav0 on Tue May 05, 2009 2:33 pm

SHOCK is beast.
Sav0

http://www.myspace.com/gearzfreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Xultar on Wed May 13, 2009 7:49 pm

SHOCK TROOP was originally founded to be the training guild of RFA. I don't know the exact date, sorry. lol. For more information on the early years of SHOCK TROOP, contact Brand, the former GM and my mentor. He still plays, and will join us later, although he is not extremely active now, as he is having some personal issues. Also, I don't know that much about what went on in SHOCK leadership, as I didn't join the leadership core until about a month before the end of SHOCK, although I was poised to replace Brand as GM to appease RFA. I know more about the downfall of SHOCK.

When I joined SHOCK TROOP, we were ranked about 60, and had 40 members. Eventually what occurred was that SHOCK wanted to be the sister guild of RFA, as leadership was tired of being treated like children, and RFA had another training guild anyway, RFSA, which still exists. They informed Chris RMF of this (but he was away on vacation), and then began to look for a training guild. The guild they found agreed to be our training guild, and so SHOCK leadership sent a few noobs down there to be trained and a few other low-level players that showed leadership promise to lead the guild. We renamed the guild RLG, or the Royal Lunar Guard. Some of the players that were leadership in that guild were myself (War Minister), Gray Wolf224 (now Graywolf of SF, Trades), and Sukiyaki (now in Mordor, he represented SHOCK in RLG). This guild still exists, although it is now known as CK.

Later on however, the VGM of that guild (RLG) who was not from SHOCK tried to start a war with The Nine (which was in existence back then), and the guild went into an uproar. Unable to contact anybody from SHOCK or the GM, I took it upon myself to negotiate terms with Paestero (which was really scary btw, I was like level 26 lol), and we agreed to let them farm the VGM in exchange for safety. lol. It wasn't that easy though, and I remember (you can ask clarice, as I was at her house that night) that I stayed up all night negotiating that. When the GM and everyone logged on in the morning, everyone was elated, and kicked the VGM, and I gained his spot, as well as his spot as Diplomat, and I retained the post of War Minister. I eventually gave the post of Diplomat away to GrayWolf however. lol.

Some of the players you know today were trained by myself and Sukiyaki in RLG, such as Captain Black Jack, clarice., jmanpxl, Dr. Blaze, mikeqwer13, and many other players now in Mordor.

After another couple weeks of the GM logging on for 1 hr a day and Sukiyaki and myself doing all the work however, we proposed to SHOCK leadership to make our own training guild, and they agreed, so Mercenaries of the Blue Moon (MBM) was created. Captain Black Jack came up with the name.

About a month later however Chris returned from his vacation, and saw that SHOCK now had a training guild, and thought we had broken away from RFA completely. RFA demanded the resignation of the entire SHOCK leadership, or they would farm us. Bo (the VGM of SHOCK) tried to negotiate terms with RFA, which included Brand and his resignation in exchange for my ascension to GMship of SHOCK. The negotiations failed however, and SHOCK along with MBM was disbanded and joined TCFS, the training guild of TPFS at the time. And that was the first time SHOCK was merged with the penguins, although thankfully not the last!

And that's about it.

Xultar

Back to top Go down

Post by Xultar on Wed May 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Now about the reformation of SHOCK TROOP:

It had been planned by Brand, Bo, myself, Sukiyaki, and Captain Black Jack (who I had taken on as my protege, and is now my best friend and right hand man, lol) since the downfall of SHOCK to reform it one day. Even in TCFS and TPFS we created a secret society we called the Smoking Penguins, as some of you will remember, and put some funky symbol before our names, and to cover our true intent, we even let in some TPFS/TCFS members. The true intent of the organization however was to stay in touch and organized so that we could one day reform the guild. We kept this organization alive through TCFS, TFPS, Haradrim, Mordor, Haradrim again, and finally back to SHOCK. Brand was poised to lead the group, but due to his beginning personal problems could not, so leadership devolved unto me. The was my first true head-leadership role.

Unforunately before we could reform SHOCK, Bo had to give his account away and quit due to an extended business trip to Singapore. His account now rests in Sukiyaki's hands. Bo is the best player I ever knew, and still holds the record (as far as I know) for fastest time to level 50, at 104 days. He trained me, Suki, and many others and was a great player, and everyone from SHOCK/MBM I'm sure still looks forward to his return. I still talk to him on the old SHOCK forums sometimes, and he assures me that he will return, although he knows not when.

Anyway, Smoking Penguins, or SP as we called it, lol, stayed together throughout the drama (caused by me, unforunately) that took down both TCFS and TPFS, and through the wars in Haradrim and Mordor. Many former SHOCK players reached leadership posts in Haradrim, such as Captain Black Jack, Soldier, myself, and others, and I even reached Mordor leadership, becoming a Commander in the Exodus war. After the Exodus war and the return to Haradrim however, Captain Black Jack and I began to long for the return of SHOCK, and began to lay serious plans as to its reformation, even going as far as activating the old forums (with the help of Brand and Zeke in Min), and contacting all of the old group. While we had planned its reformation at the end of May, the fall of Haradrim became convenient, and instead of returning to Mordor as Cox bid us to, we bid farewell to Mordor (friendly of course), and sought to pursue our own destiny. This was the recreation of the second SHOCK TROOP, under the leadership of myself and Captain Black Jack as GM and VGM.

We then of course ended up merging with TPFS, and now we still live on, although as Shock Penguins!

Xultar

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier48 on Fri May 15, 2009 5:24 pm

As seen in most ppl here paid a trip to Modor family.

After Cox came to TPFS, it became the Harad Warriors, for weeks the guild tried restarting with little success. That is when people started picking it up. Re-named under Paestero's and Cox's orders to Haradrim. We started out great. Leaders beagan assisting younger players. For months Haradrim went without a war or a large scaled attack.

Then in the fall and early winter of '08, Cox went to Mordor. After spending weeks there, and John McCain (Later changed his name to Olde Deleware) as the leader, we received a message from cox. He asked that all members report to Mordor. Couple people stayed behind to keep the guild alive.

The start of Server war 4. After a failed attempt by BORG to start a server war in the fall. Mordor stepped in, not knowing of what to come. Morodor raids an NPO blob sucessfully, and our war with them began. Not even a week into the war, we received threatening messages from CoRM, AzTEC, EeY and CGB. NPO offered white peace, knowing that these other four guilds wanted a piece of us, we accepted.

Little after the white peace agreement, we noticed a large guild form. Ex, jumping to the highest ranked guild in a day. Paestero and cox paid close attention. Ex threatens us, BORG, and UCorP, with a war. Knowing war is inevitable Mordor steps up and in December of '08 declares war on Ex. Ex was caught by surprise. We knew they had twice the fleet than us, but we battled on. After a week or two of war, CoRM changed their name to ~WG~ War Gods. We knew they wanted a war. Soon after, EeY changed their name to [ B ], they ordered CGB to send only their best players to them. Quickly we were outnumbered. By December 30th, Mordor had it's handsfull with three guilds against them.

Server war starts. After a week of 3 on one, BORG, UCorP and other guilds jump into action. War escalates, BORG took on Ex and [ B ], SHLD goes to war with Ex, late declaring on WG for hits on it's protectrates, UCorP enters war with only Ex. Now the odds were turned.

The Spys, qucikly we started losing bases. Then we received news. A Haradrim Commander finds out froma friend that ROME is spying for Ex. Quickly Modor acted and took out all ROME scouts. Mordor knew there was not enough fleet to waste on ROME so they let them be.

For weeks war raged on, fearlessness in the hearts of Mordor members fighting in the name of Morgroth. In mid January, we soon realized Haradrim had a spy in it. Although he seemed friendly, Sat was found guilty of treason. He realized his cover was blown. He disbanded Haradrim and returned to his present day account (which will not be named).

Late January Mordor realizes fleets are slim and people are beginning to grow tired of war. Modor drops out of the war. White Peace signed with Ex, WG, and B. Haradrim was reformed about a week later.

Initailly cox began Haradrim, but as most people knew he was in line for the throne of Mordor. After reforming began starting good, he had to return to Mordor to become the 4th Dark Lord. Leading Haradrim was Olde Deleware. That is when things began to fall.

People started breaking rules, Leadership raced to stop this, soon Haradrim was a living nightmare. Cox stepped in, already the new Dark Lord he ordered a complete merge into Mordor. That is when SHOCK reformed.

Basically history between the times of TPFS and SHOCK
Soldier48
Electric Overpenguin
Electric Overpenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarhead on Mon May 18, 2009 6:33 pm

And Jarhead was there.

Ooooh yes Jarhead was there.
Jarhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty on Mon May 18, 2009 9:15 pm

I was there too y'know! Albeit from TCFS onwards.

Politics is a bi*ch
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down